Featured Video

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Mass Effect 2 Trailer


(Available in HD)

This trailer looks awesome, and I wouldn't be surprised if it's not pre-rendered. No, I'm not an expert on the story, whether Shepard dies at the end of the first game or not, because I haven't beaten it yet. Newer games keep getting in the way.
But here's what I think happened: Shepard died, (obviously, as it said K.I.A.) but as he was dying, or shortly after, they somehow transferred his memories and his knowledge, essentially his entire mind, to a data disk. Then they found one of the many deactivated Geths lying around, and with the help of Tali the Quarian, whose people created the Geth, wiped it's memory and upload Shepard's. So he has an upgradable, immortal body. I also think his Spectre status will be preserved so that he can continue to protect the galaxy. This is the only explanation for the Geth having official Normandy crew markings. It will make future sex scenes even weirder then the first one with just an alien, though.
Anyways this looks awesome, the graphics look great, I think being an augmentable Geth will allow for some great gameplay, and I'm sure they won't screw it up.

1 comment:

  1. mass effect looks cool. why does the "2" look like it was cut and pasted from a GoW2 logo tho?

    ReplyDelete